Start working with us
A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference.
One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference.
Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that new-found point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America's youth, schools, and communities.
An Opportunity for Growth
That's obviously true for the children we serve. But it's also true within our organization. We need talented and passionate people in a variety of areas including Executive Leadership, Fund Development, Program Management, Marketing and Communications, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology.
We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Current opening at Big Brothers Big Sisters Mountain Region
Customer Relations/Program Specialist – Santa Fe
Big Brothers Big Sisters Mountain Region is seeking a Customer Relations/Program Specialist for Santa Fe County.
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT IS PROVEN TO MAKE POSITIVE IMPACT ON CHILDREN'S LIVES. Big Brothers Big Sisters Mountain Region (BBBSMR) is looking for a bilingual (Spanish), community-focused, dynamic Customer Relations/Program Specialist to join our innovative and collaborative team. BBBSMR provides one-to-one mentoring services to children facing adversity that empower them to reach their fullest potential. The Customer Relations/Program Specialist contributes both to the Program team and to BBBSMR as a whole. This person contributes to the Program team by providing excellent customer service to volunteers, youth, and families by efficiently and effectively enrolling, matching, and supporting them in the BBBSMR program. This person contributes to BBBSMR as a whole by providing exceptional customer service while greeting visitors in person or on the phone and by answering questions and receiving inquiries as well also serving as the agency navigator by providing youth and family referrals for other services. Experience with diverse populations preferred.
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree with four years relevant experience
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Experience working with youth and families
- Ability to assess and apply factors contributing to a successful mentor/mentee match and to effectively align volunteer interests and qualifications with service options of agency.
- Ability to quickly build relationships with children, parents, and volunteers and successfully establish, monitor and meet goals for contacts, match relationship length and customer satisfaction.
- Possess technical skills with databases and Microsoft office suite
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and problem-solving abilities
- Spanish speaking preferred
- Willing to work a minimum of 40 hours/week, including evening and weekends as required
- Willing to work with diverse populations and in diverse areas
- Must be flexible to accommodate job responsibilities and travel as needed.
Salary range: DOE + Excellent Benefits
Application Instructions: Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Learn more about volunteer opportunities.
We are always looking for volunteers or interns in all of our regions to help us with social media, correspondence, events, recruitment, and other needs. Please contact us at [email protected] if you think you can help.
Many children are waiting to be matched with a caring adult mentor... consider becoming a Big and changing your life, and the life of a young person, in just a few hours each month! Click here to learn more...