Start working with us
A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference.
One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference.
Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that new-found point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America's youth, schools, and communities.
An Opportunity for Growth
That's obviously true for the children we serve. But it's also true within our organization. We need talented and passionate people in a variety of areas including Executive Leadership, Fund Development, Program Management, Marketing and Communications, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology.
We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Current opening at Big Brothers Big Sisters Mountain Region
Community Outreach and Program Specialist
Big Brothers Big Sisters Mountain Region is seeking an Outreach Coordinator/Program Specialist for Santa Fe County.
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT IS PROVEN TO MAKE POSITIVE IMPACT ON CHILDREN'S LIVES! Big Brothers Big Sisters Mountain Region (BBBSMR) is looking for a bilingual (Spanish), community-focused, dynamic Outreach Coordinator/Program Specialist to join our innovative and collaborative team. BBBSMR provides one-to-one mentoring services to children facing adversity that empower them to reach their fullest potential.
The Outreach Coordinator/Program Specialist contributes both to the Program team and to BBBSMR as a whole. This person contributes to the Program Team by providing excellent customer service to volunteers, youth, and families by efficiently and effectively enrolling, matching, and supporting them in the BBBSMR program. This person contributes to BBBSMR as a whole by providing exceptional customer service while greeting visitors in person or on the phone and by answering questions and receiving inquiries. This person also serves as a volunteer recruitment coordinator as well as the agency navigator by providing youth and family referrals for other services. Experience with diverse populations preferred.
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
COMMUNITY OUTREACH RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and develop strategies to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual volunteer recruiting goals.
- Schedule and Present Volunteer Information Sessions/Engagements as needed, with the goal of securing new volunteers.
- Work closely with school-districts to maintain and grow school-based programs; This includes working on MOU’s with districts and other formalized partnerships with individual schools.
- Develop and implement innovative recruitment ideas.
- Coordinate referrals for additional services for the families using the Navigator platform.
PROGRAM SPECIALIST RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct and enter all inquiries, assessments, support contacts, and other pertinent data into the database, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of information systems according to standards.
- Conduct and report regularly scheduled Match Support contacts with the volunteers, children and parents/guardians, meeting standards in the five key elements of quality: child safety and well-being, match relationship development, coaching and support, match goals/outcomes, and adherence to the Service Delivery Model.
- Use assessment skills to identify any potential problems and barriers within matches as early as possible, coaching parties and intervening as needed toward successful resolution.
- Coordinate with match party for healthy match closure, when necessary.
- Plan and Organize Events for Volunteers and Matches.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree with four years relevant experience
- Exemplary customer service and strong engagement skills
- Experience working with youth and families
- Ability to assess and apply factors contributing to a successful mentor/mentee match and to effectively align volunteer interests and qualifications with service options of agency.
- Ability to quickly build relationships with children, parents, and volunteers and successfully establish, monitor and meet goals for contacts, match relationship length [DS1] and customer satisfaction.
- Possess technical skills with databases and Microsoft office suite
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and problem-solving abilities
- Spanish speaking preferred
- Willing to work a minimum of 40 hours/week, including evening and weekends as required
- Willing to work with diverse populations and in diverse areas
- Must be flexible to accommodate job responsibilities and travel as needed.
Salary range: from $35,568.00-$40,000 per year DOE
Application Instructions: Please email resume and cover letter to Gina Trujillo
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
COVID-19 considerations: To keep our staff safe we are currently only accepting appointments and limiting the number of staff in the building at one time.
Community Director - Grant County
Reports To: Managing Regional Director
Job Status: Full Time or Part-Time
Location: Silver City, New Mexico
The Community Director is responsible for local fund development, outreach and service delivery efforts. This includes the acquisition, cultivation, and stewardship of individual donors, researching and writing small community grants, and the development and implementation of two local fundraising events.
The Community Director also serves as the primary staff contact for the local regional board and works to develop and steward those relationships. This person coordinates the implementation of the local fund development in coordination with the Fund Development Team. The Community Director is also responsible for providing direct service delivery based on the needs of the local office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Community Director is responsible for the Program Service Delivery. These functions include recruiting, interviewing, assessing, matching and supporting program participants as well as completing any required surveys. Enter all inquiries, assessments, support contacts, and other pertinent data into the database, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of information systems according to standards.-Ensure high-level proficiency in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function. Identify child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families. Maintain customer service at levels that meet or exceed expectations of all clients: volunteers, families, employers, donors, etc.-Coordinate and execute program activities.
The Community Director will lead all areas of the program for BBBSMR serving Silver City and surrounding counties including fundraising efforts, volunteer recruitment, and program implementation.
The focus of the position is to build the capacity of the program to serve more youth facing adversity in Silver City and position BBBSMR within the area marketplace as the preferred charity of choice for giving and volunteering.
- Manage daily operations of the program to ensure compliance with state and national standards, financial stability as well as growth in the number of children served.
- Ensure that optimal customer service is being provided to all stakeholders, including mentors.
- Grow and serve the Regional Board in support of program growth.
- Assist with the development and management of the area's annual budget
- Work with marketing staff to develop and implement marketing opportunities
- Partner with businesses and corporations to ensure creative marketing strategies are defined and implemented to ensure maximum community presence at low or no cost.
- Secure funding to meet budgetary goals through special events, grants, and general contributions.
- Identify potential individuals, corporations, and foundations each year
- Cultivate all donors-past and potential
- Solicit all donors with the support of the Regional Board
- Continually work to add persons of influence and affluence to the Regional Board
VOLUNTEER RECRUITMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and develop strategies to meet BBBSMR Silver City monthly, quarterly, and annual volunteer recruiting goals including 1. Secure new recruitment speaking engagements including individuals, civic groups, businesses, corporations, churches, etc.; 2. Present Volunteer Information Sessions as needed, with the goal of securing new volunteers
- Work closely with school-districts to maintain and grow school-based programs; This includes working on MOU’s with districts and other formalized partnerships with individual schools
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date prospecting records in Matchforce database and evaluate results of recruitment and outreach efforts; provide monthly and quarterly progress reports towards volunteer recruitment goals
- Develop and implement innovative recruitment ideas
- Bachelor’s degree in social services, human services, or related field plus supervisory experience
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information in a professional manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment (personal computer/laptop, phone with voicemail, scanner, copier, etc.)
- Willing and able to use personal vehicle for local travel on Agency business; with valid NM driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Able to work harmoniously with BBBS personnel, clients, volunteers, and others
- Must have a flexible schedule and be willing to work some evenings and weekends
- Master’s degree in social services, human services, or related field plus 4-6 years of supervisory experience with past experience interviewing and assessing adults, families, and children
- Familiarity with the social, cultural, and economic make-up of New Mexico
- Bilingual, English and Spanish
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
BBBSMR provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non- disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
Physical Demands: The position is primarily in an office setting, requiring long periods of sitting at a desk in front of a computer. Presentation and community outreach tasks may require the employee to sit or stand for long periods of time. Extensive travel throughout NM and typically by automobile; must be comfortable driving on unpaved/uneven roads and in inclement weather and during sunset/sunrise. Possess the ability to climb stairs and carry materials if historical buildings in the area are not equipped with an elevator. The employee must have the ability to clearly communicate in person and on the telephone in the decibel range of normal conversation levels. Employee must be able to hold a pen, type, and grasp documents. The position requires the ability to safely lift 20 pounds unassisted, 40 pounds with assistance.
Job Responsibility Notes:
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities, and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Big Brothers Big Sisters Mountain Region may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Learn more about volunteer opportunities.
We are always looking for volunteers or interns in all of our regions to help us with social media, correspondence, events, recruitment, and other needs. Please contact us at [email protected] if you think you can help.
Many children are waiting to be matched with a caring adult mentor... consider becoming a Big and changing your life, and the life of a young person, in just a few hours each month! Click here to learn more...