Start working with us
A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference.
One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference.
Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that new-found point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America's youth, schools, and communities.
An Opportunity for Growth
That's obviously true for the children we serve. But it's also true within our organization. We need talented and passionate people in a variety of areas including Executive Leadership, Fund Development, Program Management, Marketing and Communications, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology.
We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Current opening at Big Brothers Big Sisters Mountain Region
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
Special Events and Community Outreach Coordinator (Full-time 40 hours/week)
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Summary of position: This person is responsible for planning and overseeing Big Brothers Big Sisters Mountain Region’s fundraising and program-related events throughout the year to support fund development efforts, volunteer and child recruitment, and volunteer recognition. This person coordinates event activities for matches and recruitment events across Santa Fe County. Plans, organizes and leads a variety of events and activities for BBBS matches with the goal of building and sustaining stronger and longer match relationships. Assist with communications to Volunteers (Bigs), Parent/Guardians, mentees (Littles), staff and partners regarding agency opportunities and broad match support information.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities, and Activities:
- Manage all special events including but not limited to Bowl For Kids’ Sake, Annual Gala etc.
- Responsible for all details to include: negotiate and manage vendors, track progress on goals and budget, work with committees/volunteers, solicit auction items; manage attendee lists; manage online tools for events; follow up plan post-event; ensure accurate sponsorship recognition; make recommendations to team for new or modified events.
- Support event sponsorship solicitation and stewardship.
- Coordinate logistics related to third party fundraising events.
- Assist with marketing team to manage general marketing efforts for events including website management, maintain branding standards and ensure they are enforced event-wide, assist with managing social media posts and awareness, design and disseminate digital media and communication.
- Speak at public gatherings and make presentations about BBBS. Develop relationships with local media.
- Manage small fundraising events and corporate promotions, and work within the overall development plan.
- Represents all mentoring programs on behalf of BBBS as a spokesperson and ambassador in the community, framing our mentoring programs accurately and enthusiastically to prospective volunteers
- Recruit volunteers at select community events, volunteer fairs, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service to potential volunteers from initial inquiry to program commitment.
- Steward agency relationships by documenting contacts and provide timely/accurate reports showing progress towards annual recruitment plan goals.
- Actively recruit volunteer “Bigs” in accordance to the current recruitment plan, including focus/specialization in areas identified as higher needs. b. Identify new community stakeholders to participate in the expansion of the BBBS mission, and tailor a volunteer recruitment activity to fit their organization.
- Special Events management experience
- Strong community relationships
- Willing and able to work irregular hours and have a flexible work schedule when necessary. Available to attend events in the early morning, evening and weekends
- Willing and able to use personal vehicle for local travel on Agency business; with valid NM driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Familiarity with the social, cultural and economic make-up of New Mexico
To apply email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Program Specialist for San Miguel and Mora Counties (Part-time 32 hours/week with full-time potential)
Location: Las Vegas, NM (work from home and Santa Fe office)
Qualifications for position: Bachelor's Degree, strong oral and written communication skills, experience with technical databases and Microsoft Office Suite. Experience working with diverse cultures, youth, and families desired. Flexible schedule. Some irregular hours and travel necessary.
Responsibilities: help contact, assess, and support volunteer mentors, parents, and youth in meaningful relationships in San Miguel and Mora Counties.
- Assist with interviews
- Conduct background checks
- Provide match support, case management, community outreach, and recruitment
- Oversee school based programs
Salary range: DOE, benefits included. Annual salary increases upon review.
To apply email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Learn more about volunteer opportunities.
We are always looking for volunteers or interns in all of our regions to help us with social media, correspondence, events, recruitment, and other needs. Please contact us at [email protected] if you think you can help.
Many children are waiting to be matched with a caring adult mentor... consider becoming a Big and changing your life, and the life of a young person, in just a few hours each month! Click here to learn more...